Monday, July 15, 2013

I'm alive

So it's been awhile. And I read a Steve Buttry post (http://stevebuttry.wordpress.com/2013/07/15/advice-for-editors-check-a-job-candidates-digital-profile/) that if a journalist looking for a job isn't blogging, some employers will overlook them. Let's not let that happen. 
So playing catch up: I'm currently 1.5 classes from graduating college. Where did time go?! More on that later. I had a cyst in my wrist (I just love saying that!). Thankfully I had it removed this past Saturday. A huge thanks to my amazing mother who drove clear across the state just to drive me there and back. And take videos of me being loopy during pre-op. And take me shopping. And dress me since I'm supposed to be in a sling. Yes. Just huge kudos to all the moms out there. 
So back to college. I'm about to take the next big step of life and I'm scared out of my mind. More so than when I graduated high school and was about to start college. No more late night study sessions and cramming for tests...I am ready for the single, working life of a real job and taxes. 
Job hunting is probably the scariest thing ever. I have no idea where I will be in a month. "But that's a great feeling, Megan!" To those of you who do NOT suffer from anxiety, yes, maybe. So I am taking my mother's advice and thinking like an alcoholic: I'm living one day at a time. That sounded much better when she said it. 

1 comment: