Saturday, July 27, 2013

Reminiscing

I've had a lot of great opportunities and experiences during my time as a college student. As that part of my life is coming to a close, I've been looking back at some of the amazing things I've done in the last four years.
The summer after my freshman year at UNL I took a study abroad trip to Greece. This group of UNL students was led by Dr. Michael Hoff. He's been doing this trip for over 30 years. You could not find a better tour guide anywhere. 
I still pinch myself when I think back on those three weeks scouring through the entire country of Greece. Did that really happen? Did I really see all those sites and museum pieces that I had read about in my art history class with Dr. Hoff? Did I really jump off a pirate ship into the Mediterranean Sea? Heck yes I did.
It was a truly unique and special experience and I would recommend studying abroad to any student.
Dr. Hoff with the Vapheio Cups
 

No comments:

Post a Comment