Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Aspen is pretty sweet

So it's been awhile since my last post. I've been soaking up all that Aspen has to offer! This past weekend when my mother was here, we went up to the Maroon Bells with the Times' new intern, Abby. It was beautiful up there, and we racked up almost 8,000 steps on our pacer app!
I am probably the luckiest girl in the world. I got a job before I graduated college. Did I mention that job was in the same field that I got my $40,000 piece of paper for?? Yup. On top of that, my job is in a pretty amazing place. AND...I LOVE my job. I love the work I'm doing and I love my coworkers. But there's another part to what I've been feelings during my first few months in Aspen. It's like that scene in "The Help" when the two main maids are in the super market and end up spying on a lady who's reading the book.
OK, so I'm not actually writing, but I put that paper together. I chose those wire stories. I helped make sure everything was perfect before it was sent off to press. 
And I still get that same feeling that Abilene and her friend got when they saw a person reading what they helped put together. It's a pretty awesome feeling and I am so blessed for this opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment