Thursday, February 3, 2011

Snail Mail vs Email

The best part of college: getting a package from Mommy. I don't know about you, but I check my mailbox daily. Even in high school, I loved getting what is now considered "snail mail". I actually mildly hinted to my mother to pass the word around to loved ones that I love getting even a little "hi there" card every now and then (hint, madre, if you haven't told my loved ones this yet, DO). When I do have a letter or package in my mailbox, I must admit, I get a little giddy inside. I am fascinated about the physical atmosphere of holding that letter or package in my hands.
via Google then
http://www.ehow.com/
how_4574703_track-ups-package.html
After considering this fact, I thought to myself: maybe that's just how I am. In the case of books, too, I am the same way. I will never buy a Nook or Kindle, for the simple truth that I love the actual feeling and touch of a book. Sorry Barnes and Noble, you will never be able to get rid of me. Speaking of B&N, I adore the smell of that place. No, it's not necessarily the Starbucks smell, it's more the mood I am in when being in the presence of something so magnanimous.
Anywho, back to snail mail. I think my love for physical touch is why I prefer snail mail to email. I mean, yes, email is definitely more faster and more convenient, but the fact that someone took the time out of their day to put that card or letter in that envelope, put my name and address on it, taking a whole sticky 44 cents (or however much it is now) out of their pocket, and putting it in the outgoing mail?? Now that's love.

No comments:

Post a Comment