Monday, January 6, 2014

Reading for pleasure

After a hiatus from pleasure book reading, I have finally picked one up that I love. The hiatus started freshmen year of college and hasn't really stopped since. Really sad, since I say I love reading so much — which I so, but when you do it for work, reading for pleasure is a little hard.
When my mom visited Aspen last she left a book she had started reading for me called "The Fault in Our Stars." I've heard a lot about it, from Facebook to Buzzfeed, but it sat there for awhile on my bedside table while I was either too tired or busy to read for pleasure.
I must have felt a slow day at work this morning, as I slid the book inside my bag before I left. Just as I predicted, it's 7:30 and I have nothing to do until the BCS game is over.
I'm already quite far in the book, having only started reading some 20 minutes ago, and I love it already.
Being me, I always have a "Books I Need to Read" list either on Pinterest, iPhone or in my head.
  • Halfway through second book of Game of Thrones (I got hooked on the TV series)
  • New J.K. Rowling book on Kindle (one of my fav authors)
  • New book by author of The Kite Runner on Kindle (another of my fav authors)
  • Anna Karenina (sparked by conversation between my mother and I)
  • The Other Boleyn Girl (again, sparked by Madre)
While there are probably many more that will be added as 2014 unfolds, I will probably not get to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment